Sunday, 16 September 2007

Proud of my girl

She just amazes me. She's always been around Jack's groups, but it's not really the same. Katie hasn't ever been able to do much in the way of social activity because of how much he hates to be out, so she's taken quite a back seat - something I feel guilty about. Now that he is in school, we broached out into the world of Mother & Toddler groups and she just did so wonderfully. We tried out 3 groups on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (Tuesday was the best) and she just jumped right in and wasn't shy. She went right up to the other kids and tried to get the shyer ones to play with her! It was just so lovely to see her having so much fun.

I've never known her to talk of past events before. Sure, when we go somewhere familiar, she'll say certain keywords and she recognises places and people, but I've never actually heard her talking about something that happened a few days ago. I wasn't sure a 2 year old had that much retention. Anyway, she was playing on the floor this morning and kept repeating something about a tunnel for a few minutes and she said "Jenny, catch tunnel", then it dawned on me she was talking about when she was chasing her new friend Jenny through the play tunnel on Thursday. It's so cute, I told her to tell Daddy what she did (at the time on Thursday) and she just went all smiley and whispery and told him about Jenny. I think Katie is more taken with Jenny (must have been her first time too, she was quite reluctant about the whole thing) than Jenny is for Katie.

She asks to go to "playgroup" every day and when Jack gets on his bus she's like "Right, Katie friends, playgroup (paygoop)?". I wish it was on every day for her, but we'll do Tuesday and Thursday. She didn't like the Wednesday one much and asked to go home and didn't even want to sit at snack time. I have to admit, that one was pretty boring!

Ben was just (!) about the whole thing. All he was interested in was going to sleep :)

No comments: