Sunday, 12 October 2008

Nemo on Ice

We took the kids to see Disney's Nemo on Ice today. We managed to get some reduced rate tickets through Down Syndrom North East, otherwise I would not have chanced that Jack would behave if I'd had to pay full price.

He didn't like while we waited to get our tickets checked, didn't like all the people, didn't like all the way overpriced merchandise (yeah, I still got suckered in and bought Katie a flashing Nemo light thing), and then when it started he screamed and kicked for 20 minutes. The background noise was actually really loud, but I'm hoping the parents in that section were a little more forgiving as DSNE must have bought that whole block.

When he did stop crying, he really enjoyed it, so this is one of the first times we've managed to do a family thing like this!

The kids were so cute, there was this toddler stuffing candy floss in his mouth, it was hilarious. And a teenager in front of us when Nemo and Marlin were reunited was so excited.

Jack is getting worse in his behaviour in some ways and a little *tiny* bit better in others, so hopefully we can hang in there until it works itself out. Been 3 years now, but you never know ;-)

No comments: