Something to cheer me up! (Mine is silver)I had an awful night. Jack was very poorly when he came home from school, he went to bed at 4.20pm and stayed there until 7am! So, he didn't go to school today. Ben's coughing has picked up. I can barely move without feeling like I'm going to cough my insides out and feel sick and dizzy so I put an emergency call into my mam to see if she could help me. She always does. We've had a strange relationship in the past. When she and my dad divorced...13 years ago?...she basically retreated from life and until I had children myself we could go months without talking as it was just too difficult, but she has always been there for the kids and she seems a lot happier in life these days. Anyway, I am very grateful for the help she does give me as without her I would never get a break, I literally have no-one during the day. So, Katie and Jack have gone to nana's and Ben is sticking with me.
Onto the saga. I got a contract mobile phone a year ago and fairly quickly found the reception in my house was utter rubbish! But, it was a 12 month contract and it would have cost more to cancel than to just stick with it. It has been massively frustrating. The phone itself was nice, a Motorola Razr V3, but I can only get half a signal if I take it upstairs, or into the garden, or hold it upside down or put a kitchen foil hat on, lol, joking! Seriously, it has been very inconvenient and annoying so I have been looking forward to the end of my contract, which is today!!
Hence, I ordered a new phone on Friday and it arrived 7.10 this morning! Good thing Tony was up for work as I was crying in bed with this flu. I knew O2 and T-mobile do not work in my house, I really wanted to go with Orange so I could take advantage of their 2-4-1 movie ticket offer, but couldn't find a good deal and the only network left was Vodafone. I don't know anyone on this network to see what the reception is like so took a chance. Their website said high coverage for my post code, but then so did O2, grrr.
So, hello Samsung U600. I love it. I thought the Razr was sleek, but the Samsung blows it out the water. I love that it has a slide action rather than being flip, and it is so thin! The display is very pretty and clear and the camera is great and you can set the options so when you press the numbers, they come up as mini post-it stickers on the display. How cool! I'll probably get sick of that soon though and change it back to regualar numbers ;-). I love getting new things, which is not often, so I get really excited when we do (evidenced with the length of this post). And - I have 5 bars on my signal!! Hurray :)


2 comments:
So glad you got something to give you some cheer during this tough week. I hope you guys feel better soon!
That phone makes my cell phone look positively outdated. I am horrible about technology changes so I keep phones for YEARS until they are practically obsolete and Bob forces me into a new one. But that phone looks great, maybe I will look into one.
Yay! Call me! :)
Post a Comment