Wednesday, 29 August 2007

No more babies


Poor Tony ;-)

He has recovered very well and been a champ through it all, he's not a typical male martyr.

The time has come. A little sad in one way. I loved the actual giving birth experience, all that wonder and excitement. To think I'll never have a newborn again, never have those firsts... sigh.

But, very much looking forward to seeing what the future holds, the children growing up, not having to worry about birth control (since I am very limited in options due to previous DVT), reclaiming some living space as the large baby items disappear.

I would have loved to have had more kids if I'd had a bigger house, more money, more help, but 3 is 3 more than I ever thought we would be able to have and I am very, very, very blessed (even though I complain a lot).

2 comments:

Aimee said...

I know it's probably hard to be "done" and be final, but I have to admit that I'm envious of your situation because I want to be in that place. I'm ready for the third baby and ready to plan some family vacations and fun times. You can do that now! You have so much to look forward to with your three beauties!!

kaysdee said...

It is such a strange place to be. With all of our struggles and losses, I never thought I'd be at a place where I'd have to prevent pregnancy and it's just bizarre. Like... it takes away from all we've been though. Maybe it's more wistful than anything, but in another way, closure - which I so desperately have needed.