I do love me some Ikea. Most of my household furnishings are from there. Ikea was the big 21 on Saturday and were offering 21% off all purchases to celebrate. Usually they are open 10-7 on Saturday, but on this occasion, it was 6am - midnight! My mam wanted some things too so the kids stayed at hers on Friday night so that Tony and I could get an early start. It seemed criminal to get up at 6am with no kids in the house, but we headed out, arrived at 6.45 and the car park (huge) was already 3/4 full. It was chaos!
We knew what we wanted - I made a list the night before - so went straight to the checkout to use the little machines to find the locations and went immediately for the items. We got almost everything we wanted, stored out trolley and went for our free breakfast :). Then took a leisurely stroll around for any extras and went back to find our missing items had since been re-stocked. The checkout queues were much smaller too. Result!
I spent the most I have ever spent at Ikea, but half of it was for my mam and we saved £170 ($340) with the discount. I was just going to arrange to visit a couple of nights before when I saw the offer online for Saturday, so I'm really glad I caught that. I would have hated to be working that day.


1 comment:
I love that you went so early. I love a good sale. Can't beat Ikea either very cute stuff at great prices.
Post a Comment