Ben got his MMR jab today. Little guy was mad, but only for 10 seconds, then has been happy as a clam all afternoon. Go figure.
I got to the bank and exchanged my heart monitor (new one seems to work well, but I'll try it out properly tomorrow), so it was a fruitful afternoon.
We finally got a quote to convert the garage to a playroom/sensory/development room for the kids. For Jack really, but I'm sure they'll all have fun. We have the option to apply for a disablement facilities grant from the council to fund the work, but the situation is ridiculous. The city (very large one) only has one occupational therapist! One, for the entire city, adult or child. To even get an assessment, the waiting list is like 12-18 months, never mind how long it would take to get a yes or no, then however long to organise the work. We just can't wait that long given the level of his delays.
So, even though it's going to wipe out our savings, I think it will be well worth it. Work will start in apx 6 weeks and should only take a couple of weeks. We are desperate for the space, I can't even imagine what our house is going to be like with all the kids' toys and Jack's equipment out of the way. Tony usually does a huge amount of DIY work, but he's done so much already so we're going to get the builder to do everything and Tony will only need to decorate. I can't wait now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment