:(
Jack used a walker for the first time in his life at school today. If I had known, I would have made an effort to be there so that I could see. They could have at least sent me a picture. I missed a *huge* thing, he has never, ever "walked". Feeling a bit sad about that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Ah, I'm sorry you missed it Kelly. I hope there is a next time and that you are there, very soon.
Ah, I'm sorry you missed it Kelly. I hope there is a next time and that you are there, very soon.
ooh that is so exciting! how did he do?
They say he is doing well. His walker has suspension so is forcing him to work a bit harder rather than just sitting in it. He needs help navigating, but is using and independent stepping motion (if you try to stand him, he'll just lift both legs up), so I suppose he has more of a feel of independence. They say he really likes it.
He was getting very agitated in it until they realised he thought if he went back to the classroom he'd have to come out and didn't want to, so they're letting him use it in class a bit too.
They were supposed to be sending me a picture, but nothing so far. His physio is trying to get us one for home.
Post a Comment