We finally had the appointment today.
I'm so thankful (that sounds a bit mad really!), that she is so experienced with hospitals due to the boys, so she wasn't scared and quite enjoyed being able to have tests done for a change!
She had her ECG and echo, her SATS were 96% and the cardiologist couldn't find any cardiac explanation for her blue spells. I am so glad there is no problem, but of course that doesn't explain her lips going blue for no reason.
I was anticipating everything being ok, but still worried until we saw the doctor. I really like him. Jack will see him in July for his heart review, hopefully his repair is still working as good as new.
They aren't really going to do anything further. He said she was perfect and normal - I don't usually get words like that when I go to hospitals ;-). He said sometimes the body protects the organs by moving heat away from the less important areas, lips, fingers and sometimes in children it can work a little wonky, so he thinks it is more a circulation issue than anything. She sweats very badly at night so maybe her temperature regulation is off.
It was just odd as at its peak, it would happen more if she was running or cold, understandable, but also just when she was sitting watching tv and doing nothing out of the ordinary. Now that it is warmer, I have noticed the blue a lot less, so either it's just one of those things and she'll grow out of it, or we'll see it happen more often when it gets colder again and explore the circulation avenue.
She's been telling anyone who'll listen about being at the hospital today, so cute. She "saw her heart on the tv" and "had "jelly" on her tummy" and kept saying "hello, I'm Katie".
I'm very relieved, but am so beaten down with all these appointments. I'm going out of my mind and taking it out on the kids. If I hear Jack tell me NO one more time... argh. I do have a brief reprieve though, our building work has been pushed back to next week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
good news, Kelly!
Post a Comment