I have had it. I am so angry with him right now, why the heck does he behave the way he does? There is just no reason for it whatsoever. Bad afternoon. Bad, bad afternoon. I am sick of this. This started a month before he turned two, 2.5 years ago now, cannot go anywhere, cannot do anything without him freaking out. People look at him and think he is an angel, but he is not. I don't know whether to hit something or cry. Thank god school is back on Monday. How are we ever going to be able to do anything as a family?
"They" say he'll be in developmental stages for prolonged periods and this is his version of the terrible twos. BS. I know all about 2 yr old tantrums (thank you, Katie) and even in full swing it was not EVERY SINGLE TIME WE STEPPED OUT OF THE HOUSE. There has got to be more, but get this, the psychologists are discharging him from their service because there isn't anything else they can do/suggest. (Insert hysterical laughter), thanks a lot.
Ok, crying it is. I just can't do this any more. And it makes it even worse when he does have the rare good spell like at the hospital on Wednesday, because the difference to my life, to us all, if he would just act like that more often would be indescribable.
At least they've all gone to bed for a nap, at the same time. One hour of peace if I'm lucky.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I remember feeling trapped in the house, as a family, because of the situation (Different reasons, but same feeling).
I'm thinking at some point, it will get better with Jack. When ? I don't know, but he is getting older, so it stands to reason that there will come a day when things will be easier with him.
The challenge will be, waiting for that day to come. ((((Kelly))))
When you take him out, is there anything at all that could possibly be bothering or hurting him, in any way ? The pram/stroller, the carseat, a buckle or belt, etcetc..
Maybe there is something that is causing him to act up. You've probably already thought of everything I mentioned.
Hang in there, and enjoy naptime.
Lisa
Wow! I wish there was something I could do . . . just know that I'm thinking of you and admiring you for all you do. Sometimes when I get frustrated with my kiddies in the course of my day I think of you and all you do and realise that I have nothing to be frustrated about. I admire you and hope that you do enough for y-o-u (the greatest challenge of being a Mum = finding time for one's self!). And, on a lighter note, I hope naptime lasted for at least an hour! Take care, Michelle
I've tried everything! Way back when, we thought it was a sensory reaction to having fluid in his ears... everything was too overwhelming to him. As that became resolved, it then just turned into learnt behaviour. He is absolutely fine as soon as he gets his own way, he just pure and simple does not want to participate unless it is on his terms. Like, he was fine when we were in the cafe, but as soon as I started getting up to shop/leave, all hell broke loose.
Post a Comment