Jack did great. How come his behaviour is always best at hospital? He was in one of the best moods I've ever seen him in. He was adorable, charming everyone, would not stop "talking". When we were en route to the theatre, he waved at every single person he passed. As he was wheeled up the corridor to the anaesthetic room (whatever it's called, lol) it was surreal as each theatre has its own door and we were up to number 18 and it seemed like someone was leaving/entering each room as we passed and he was waving and saying "hiya, hiya". He had a fab time! Like last time, he strongly resisted the gas mask. For such a weak boy who only really has the use of one arm, he can be strong when he wants. Once I got him pinned down and he had a few breaths, he then started giggling, that was so cute. I like the drunk stage. Not so much when he just goes limp. But, it's done.
To make an already boring day even worse, the ward he was on had a power cut. Obviously all emergency monitors, etc had their own backup, but it meant nothing else worked. No tv, no fan (it is far too hot in hospitals), man, I was going nuts just sitting alone in a chair until he was in recovery. He wasn't down too long. I never know what to expect, sometimes he is fine waking up, other times he really struggles. As I turned the corner, I saw a nurse holding him so I thought he must be upset, then she turned him around and he was smiling like nothing had happened and again was just such a good boy. I tell you, if he behaved like that even 50% of the time my life would be easy.
So, we're in the final stretch. I didn't get to see anything, but all the wires are gone, they took an impression of his foot to measure him for his splint and put a new cast back on until it's ready. *Should* be within 10 days, I'll not hold my breath. At least this one stops below the knee. Poor guy has been in a cast to his upper thigh since January, I'm not sure he knows how to bend it any more! His skin is extremely dry around his knee, so I've lathered him up with cream and he's napping now. Glad it all went without a hitch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
OH I am so happy it went well and he was in a good mood. Hope he has a speedy recovery.
I am so glad to hear that everything went well. Give him a smooch from us. :)
I'm happy it's over with. Big hugs.
~L
Post a Comment