Friday, 25 April 2008

I saw it, I saw it

Tony took Jack to his appointment and then picked me up, so I could take him back to work and Jack back to school, as he was running low on time. I only glimpsed his foot in his splint looking over my shoulder and it looked good, but I didn't get a full inspection until I got him back to school. I am OVER THE MOON!!!!

Without the splint, his foot looks as close to straight as I had hoped. He is VERY, very sensitive and still looks a little swollen, he flinches even just sitting on the floor and it touching the carpet. His wounds look well healed, although there is still one plaster to remove which has some of dried blood under it. That has probably been there since the February op, yuck, and his skin is again very dry and irritated, but it looks awesome.

I didn't want to bother him, so I only checked out the angle of his foot in relation to his leg, I'll see if he lets me see how far up the foot has been brought to see if he now has a heel. I'll probably give him a couple of days to regain some sensation before I bath him.

I'll take some pictures later, it really is remarkable.

2 comments:

Jen said...

His foot looks fantastic! I am so excited for you :)

Anonymous said...

The doctors did a splendid job ! Yay !

Lisa