Friday, 4 April 2008

On the verge

So, so close.

I weighed myself this morning. UK weight is typically in stones and pounds. There are 14 pounds to a stone.

My "realistic" goal was to just break 10 stone (140lb). I haven't been under that in what must be 6 years now. Stepped on the scale this morning, it flashed 9st 13lb (139), then flickered to 10st, flickered back, then settled at 10.0!

I ran this morning and did the elliptical this afternoon, allegedly burning 630 cals so I hope I get my 9st 13 tomorrow. Even if it says 9st 13.9 ;-)

I have worked really hard and am over the moon. Nothing really happened for the first 6-8 weeks and then it all came off (if I get to 139, that'll be I think 12lb, I can't remember what I counted as my starting weight). I'm 3 months in now. Still a way to go, but compared to before, I am happy! I even got my first compliment today. I don't see very many people often, but I met with Jack's psychologist for the first time in a couple of months today and the first thing she said was "wow, have you lost weight" :). Come to find out she is also a runner so she's going to get some information for me on regular running groups/races since the only things I can seem to find are like charity runs where you really need sponsorship.

So, I'm in a better mood. For now, lol.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your weight loss, Kelly ! Yay !

Keep up the good work. ;-)

L