Tuesday, 5 February 2008

Ben

He is everywhere!

It is odd as Jack isn't mobile and Katie hit her physical milestones late, so I'm not used to someone so little getting into so much trouble.

I know he's later than most, but to me, he seems advanced. Considering last week he couldn't move, this week he is crawling everywhere and pulling up onto everything. He doesn't get all the way to his feet, more like onto one knee and tries to push on his other foot, but he is really trying and I think he'll be all the way up in no time. He is also much more stable when I stand him against something, but his ankles are still weak, so it seems hurts him as he cries after a few minutes.

His appointment with the consultant (same guy as Jack's) is next month so we'll see what they think about him. His feet are still turning in, not as bad, but they aren't fixed in my eyes, given that he can "clap" them if he's sitting on his bum with his legs straight! Everything I've ever read about clubfoot has said it is easy to correct within a few months, certainly by a year, blah, blah, blah. When Ben was graded at birth he was on the most severe level, so I understand for some it is not easy. He's always had the tenotomy on both heels, but might need the tendon transfer surgery that Jack had in 2006 on his forefeet (is that a word?), so we should know next month.

Best go rescue the bin from him, unless I want my carpet covered with paper and wrappers!

Love it!

No comments: