Monday, 11 February 2008

Not chicken pox!

Whew!

The doctor said it wasn't chicken pox, but doesn't know if it is just his g-tube infection as it is spread all up his torso. He's going to go back on antibiotics, usually they make a difference in a couple of days.

I don't know if this is enough to make them happy on Wednesday to continue with the next part of his surgery, but at least it isn't chicken pox. Fingers crossed they'll do it, especially if he's already receiving treatment.

Katie had her first real injury today. She tripped (over thin air!) and smacked her face into the edge of the door - hard! You could tell it was serious because she was doing that thing where she couldn't even cry to start with as she couldn't catch her breath. It turned pink and swollen straight away. A little while later she was happy with yoghurt and is her normal self now so hopefully it was just the shock. I think it will bruise overnight. I felt so bad for her, it hurt me to see her like that. It won't be the last time no doubt. Kids!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad it's not chicken pox afterall. Whew.

Poor Katie ! :(

~L

Julia said...

Poor little Katie! :(

I'm happy for Jack that it wasn't Chicken Pox. I hope everything goes smoothly for you guys this week.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear Jack isn't feeling well. Of course, last time I talked to you, Jack was the only one you had. You've been very busy these past few years. :)

scrappy (yes, THE scrappy)