Friday, 15 February 2008

I'm going to shut up now

I finished my running programme on Tuesday. I think it was supposed to be over 6 weeks, but I did it in 4 weeks 2 days. Oh well. I ran all 25 minutes.

My treadmill totals since the beginning

Time - 584 minutes (did I really spend almost 10 hours running!)
Distance - 58.4 miles
Calories - 2337 calories

I'm going to keep going with it, but it's up to me how long to run and how I mix it up, rather than going by my chart. Wednesday Jack was in hospital, but it was my rest day anyway and yesterday I was just ill so I did double today. I ran 3.2 miles in 30 minutes (my problem is I have to "beat" myself so had to outperform the previous 25 minutes), walked for 2, ran for 8, walked 2, ran 3. Total 4.6 miles in 45 mins. I also did 10 miles on the elliptical. Totally crazy, but I just felt I had to keep going.

All of this time, just 1 stupid pound lost. I was making the mistake of weighing myself every morning, so I haven't weighed since Monday. I'm going to try *really* hard not to get on the scales until, say... a month. Mind you, I think I'll be so gutted if by then I still haven't lost weight, I just don't get it. I feel, why bother (but I will keep going).

Anyway, I'm still going to track in my spreadsheet, but am not going to post about it regularly, it's too depressing, lol.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Wow, what a great program you completed! I am so out of shape running scares me at this point.

Don't worry about the number on the scale- you are gaining muscle mass which weighs more than fat.