Thursday, 6 December 2007

Ben's feet

I took him to get measured for a different type of shoe on Monday as he keeps escaping the current ones and hurting his feet. They look very cool, like little spaceman boots. Hopefully they'll be ready soon. He finally saw the consultant today and says his feet are "coming along". I was feeling a bit down and disappointed though as in the waiting room, there was another boy Ben's age who had surgery on the same day as him back in June and his feet are perfect now. We go back in another 3 months where I guess he'll decide whether Ben needs another operation.

He told me the date of Jack's new surgery while I was there. Great news, it's not too much of a delay. Bad news, it's on 16th January - Tony's birthday!!!!!! Something like this always happens, we can never celebrate anything on time. Miscarriage on our anniversary in 2004, surgery for Jack two days before christmas in 2005, surgery for him the day before his birthday 2006. Sigh. Ignore me, I'm in a fed up mood.

No comments: