Jack's school had a little Christmas event tonight. A raffle, music, Santa etc. We thought we'd take the kids to see how it went. Not well! Jack didn't like it at all, too loud, too dark, too many people. Katie was disappointed as I'd accidentally told her it was a party so she was expecting balloons, food, presents (remembering Jack's birthday). Ben was fine!
I thought to heck with it, we'd wait to see Santa anyway, so we endured the queue and tried to keep him occupied as much as possible. When he got to the front he was really starting to object, but when we went in, it was through a silvery, shiny door way thing which he thought was cool! Katie was *very* standoffish when she saw "Santa" as he made his way to the grotto, so I thought she'd not like it, but they both enjoyed it when they got in and talked to him as it was all decorated and had lights.
Santa to Katie "and what would you like for Christmas?"
Katie "an owl".
Um, ok, lol.
She was particularly happy when she received a little bag of sweets and Jack and Ben some bubbles!
We left after that and though I wanted to give up, I faked it with them when we got to the car and tried to keep things very upbeat and they had a great journey home. Katie was constantly "Ooooooh! Look at the lights, LOOK!!!!" as we drove past decorated houses.
They all enjoyed the bubbles at home :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment