Jack's op went well. He was in pre-op for almost an hour though, which annoyed me. It was hard to keep him occupied that long. If they weren't ready, why not just leave him on the ward. He didn't like waking up this time, but eventually he brightened up.
They removed some k-wires and repositioned and re-casted him. I didn't see anything as it was all in theatre and didn't get to speak to the doctor again, so I don't know his current progress. They were more than happy for him to come home after a few hours. He has been fine ever since, like nothing even happened!
He goes back in 4 weeks to get the rest of the wires removed and get casted for his AFO's, then will be in a cast until they are ready to maintain position.
His stomach doesn't seem to be any better even on day 4 of antibiotics, so I don't know what will happen with that. I'm waiting for his ped to advise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Glad all went well with his surgery. Jack is quite the little trooper. How long unti you get to see the results ?
~L
P.S. My BS17 is allergic to nickels, so anytime a snap or anything with nickel in it, touched his skin, he'd get a red rash in that area. Any chance Jack has an allergy ?
Post a Comment