Monday, 5 November 2007

Bonfire Night


Tonight is Bonfire Night so we went to see the fireworks. Unfortunately we had to leave Jack behind with my mam as he could not have coped with it, so we trekked out with Katie and Ben. It was the perfect night for fireworks - clear skies - but that means cold, so we wrapped up warm. Katie had been really looking forward to the fireworks. We took her for her first two years, but she was too young to notice so it was a bit of a surprise that she was frightened. I felt bad. She loved the quiet ones but she got a bit of a shock at the very big loud ones. Still, I cuddled her and she was ok by the end. Ben didn't flinch at any of them, he just chilled back and watched all the sparkles. I wish Jack could have been there (his OT is coming on Wednesday to do a sensory profile on him as the next step is to explore a sensory integration disorder for the behaviour), but he had a good time with nana.

We came home to baked jacket potatoes. Yum!


Preparing to come home, tired afterwards (Britax car seats in the UK don't have the chest straps I've seen on other pics. They are a 5 point harness, but the additional buckle joining the two shoulder straps looks a lot more secure, I wish they did have them).


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at all of those blue eyes ! ;-)

Lovely family piccies.

~Lisa

kaysdee said...

I know! They're all blond hair/blue eyes. I wanted at least one of them to take after me ;-). There is no denying their father, none of them look like me!

Anonymous said...

Hehehe....I know. I was looking at your piccies, and thinking "Wow, Kelly is the only brown-eyed person in her family !"

It's okay though, because all of your kids are adorable, and they do look like their Daddy. But us brown eyed girls (I have brown eyes too! lol) have to stick together ! :)

~Lisa