I stuck to my word and Ben was breastfed for the last time yesterday. Today is the first time he has never had breast milk. It has been very, very difficult (for me). It was the right time though. He was only feeding once a day and getting very little volume. If that was the only problem, I'd have just continued until he stopped himself, but his latch is crazy so it hurts bad and the pain/blisters weren't worth what he was getting.
I have been so tempted to try just "one last time", but I'm going to be a big girl and resist. Who would have thought. I was never keen to even try breastfeeding, but letting go has been weird. I am not this type of person at all, I didn't think I would ever be this bothered!
Still, our last feeding experience was everything I had wished it to be so we are finishing on a high.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment