Are my monthly cycles returning? Is that why I feel so "depressed"/unable to cope with things? Hormones? I haven't had a period since Ben was born, so 17 months now? I'm still breastfeeding twice a day, but compared to when I was pumping, my output is probably way down. I've felt very crampy for the past few days, I bet it will be any time now. Shame, it has been fantastic not having to worry about periods! Of course the fertility bit is a moot point - Tony will be going for his first post vasectomy tests soon!
Speaking of breastfeeding... last week I said I was going to wean down over the next couple of weeks and stop at 9 months. Given all of our problems, it's a miracle we made it this far. When it comes to the crunch though, I don't know if it's the right choice. The pain is not too bad for twice a day and he may not be getting much volume in breast milk and has adjusted fine (with the exception of constipation) to the introduction of formula, but he still seems to enjoy it, even if it is only for a few minutes. Particularly in the morning, we're in bed, kinda sleepy, not yet thrust into the chaos of the big kids, it's just a nice few minutes of bonding. I know we could bond in other ways though. What to do, what to do...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment