Monday, 5 November 2007

The Lion King

I know, lots of tv and movie posts here.

Am I the only sap who feels a bit tearful/moved when he lifts the little cub up at the beginning and end? I've watched this cartoon many, many times and it still gets me.

I had to keep Katie occupied while I finally tackled some ironing (yes, I used the ironing board, not the little table, lol, and I never did get that drink!) so thought I'd put a DVD on.
It's the first time she's really seen a cartoon movie. I wanted to watch Finding Nemo (um, erm, I mean, for Katie), but the DVD player wouldn't recognise the disc. I'll be bummed if it's damaged. I'll try cleaning it later, Jack may have licked it the last time it was out.

She loved it. I thought she might have been a little scared at the fighting and chasing, but she was fine. She did her usual "*Look*! Animals!" and then commented throughout at just about every scene.

I suppose what is sadder is I've had all these Disney movies since before having kids, or before they have been old enough to watch. They are all kind of horrible really if you think about it, themes of abandonment or death, etc. I wasn't sure what I was going to say if she said anything about Mustafah dying, but she just said he was sleeping, phew. I do love a good singalong cartoon though. I might put The Jungle Book on for the next rainy day :)

No comments: