Wednesday, 14 November 2007

Potty training

Don't you just love it! Not.

I started to introduce her to it in September and it was a disaster.

We have actually had some success so far today at her initiation. Katie asked to go back to bed very early, around 10am and although I didn't believe her, I took her upstairs. When we got up, she said she needed the toilet! She has never wanted to sit on the toilet, the few times she has gone have been on the potty downstairs, so I sat her on it. She didn't do anything and then said "no more baby nappies", I was amazed. I thought it couldn't suddenly be this easy, but was very positive with her about bye bye nappies, just for little babies like Ben, big girls have knickers and she readily put underwear on.

Fingers crossed we headed back downstairs - no, she really didn't want to go back to bed! I reminded her every so often she had no nappy and to tell me if she needed the potty/toilet, but tried to leave it to her. Very tiny accident when she was having lunch, but luckily she was sitting on a towel so it didn't even soak through. I told her it was alright and went to get her some more underwear. When I came back she had sat herself on the potty so I just left her while I went to do Ben's dinner. When I stood her up, I saw she had gone on the potty by herself, woo hoo. Singing, dancing, chocolate, cuddles, back into underwear, so far so good, almost 2pm now so she's off to bed in a minute.

It will probably be a different matter entirely when she gets up, but for now, I'll take any progress I can get :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, she's off to a great start !

WTG, Katie ! ;-)

~Lisa