Took Ben to get his one year meningitis/hib shot this afternoon and to get him weighed. I was so annoyed. It's just a "baby clinic" from 1.30-3 kind of first come first served. I got there at no later than 1.34 and just waited and waited and waited. I didn't sit in the main waiting room as I'm not well, but along the hall. 2.45 we were called though! One stupid room, once a week to do this stuff. At my old surgery, they had at least 2 nurses/rooms, it's ridiculous. Ben was getting fed up, Katie was beyond impatient, I was ready to scream, I just don't have the energy for this.
Anyway.
Poor guy. They give him his jab and he looked at me like "what?" and just wailed. Short lived though, he was fine after about 10 seconds.
So, he was born 7lb 13oz, 50th percentile and is now 23lb 14oz, 75th percentile!
He did have his shoes on as they are really hard to get on and I didn't want to do all the buckles up again, I didn't think they weighed that much, but that is a massive jump. He was only 20lb 10oz (40th?) in January. I'll have to weigh them the next time I take them off and deduct accordingly.
In the last month, he has learnt how to sit up from lying down, learnt how to crawl, learnt how to pull up, waved for the first time on Saturday, has one new tooth (4 total, top and bottom middles), has been weaned onto whole milk now that he is one, learnt how to use a straw on his birthday, is getting better at cups, but still not brilliant (Katie was off bottles by her first birthday!), is getting better with his solids, though still objects to chunks/textures a bit, wears a size 4 nappy, mostly wears size 9-12 month clothing and is just the most adorable and delightful little guy. He's always crawling over and trying to get up for cuddles. No words, but loves to make a noise, always babbling, prefers hard toys to soft ones, puts *everything* in his mouth, flaps his arms and kick his feet when he's really excited, I just love him!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment