Sunday, 16 March 2008

I did it

I did an outdoor run this morning. Oh boy. It was cold and a little windy and the route wasn't as flat as I thought, but I ran all the way. I found it very difficult to judge my pace and started off too fast. I so need one of those running watches, but can't justify the cost. According to Google pedometer it was 3.1 miles, so exactly 5K. I thought I was going to be much slower, but when I got home, I did it in just under 28 minutes 50 seconds (I set the stopwatch function on my mobile phone), that included leaving the house, waiting to cross roads and for Tony to answer the front door, so I was very happy. I did the route in the car which put it at 3.2, so I think it is accurate.

Much harder than the treadmill though. I don't know if it is just because it was cold. I've got plenty of time until July to practise. I hope it warms up!

No comments: