Wednesday, 19 March 2008

Katie's "blue" episodes


Oops, don't know what happened there, my post just posted itself before I started typing.

I have been increasingly worried about Katie. She has blue lips quite frequently, more when active or cold, but even just sitting in a warm room for no reason. She had a fetal echo before she was born because of Jack's heart problem which came out fine and she was checked (just with a stethoscope) when she was a baby. She hasn't been well lately and today she was very dusky, lips, face, legs, feet so I took her to the doctor immediately. He said he couldn't hear a murmur, but it was difficult to judge because her resting heart rate was very fast for her age. They didn't have a SATS monitor to check her oxygen levels, so he has referred her to the pediatric consultant at the hospital on the basis of her heart rate - probably the same guy who sees Jack.

Tony also has a history of heart problems in his family. He had a heart attack in his early 30's, he's had relatives who have also had them quite young, one fatal in their 20's I think so I'm a bit worried.

I'm sure it's nothing, but the blueness has been coming and going for a while when she is otherwise well. I would say definitely increasing in episodes. I don't know how long it will take for a referral, but if it is not soon I'll take her to the hospital myself.

Please keep her in your thoughts that there is nothing wrong.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope Katie will get a clean bill of health. ((((Kelly & Katie))))))

Lisa

Ida said...

I hope it's nothing at all. Praying for you!