Friday, 4 January 2008

Aren't children great!

Really, genuinely just great. This age is frustrating, but very amusing. I love seeing their thought processes and overhearing the things they say. I've had many chuckles over things they do, mainly Katie as she's the only one who can talk.

This was from today :

Katie - "Mammy, I need the toilet" (She has refused to potty train)
Me - "Really? That's great! Do you want to go to the potty or toilet?"
Katie - "The toilet. I need it".
Upstairs we go, nappy off, trainer seat on the loo, lift her up.
Me - "This is good, isn't it. You're such a big girl, you don't need silly baby nappies like Ben".
Sits. I wait.
Katie - "All finished, mammy".
Me - "You didn't do anything".
Katie - "Finished now. Tissue?"
Me - sigh. "Ok, here's some tissue. You tried hard".
Katie - "Chocolate???"
Me - "Um, no. You only get chocolate if you do something".
Looks at me, just looks at me with a begging face.
Me - "Tell you what, we'll get your big girl knickers. No more baby nappies, Katie can wear knickers like Mammy".
Katie - "No Mammy".
Me - "Mammy's got them here, you put them on, then next time you need the toilet, if you do anything you can have your chocolate".
Katie - "No Mammy. Don't want it, need a nappy".
Me - "Nahhhh, you're a big girl. Put the knickers on and you can have ONE chocolate button".
Katie "No Ma..." (half way through shaking her head, then converts it to nodding "...yes Mammy!"

I suck at this ;-).

To her credit, she did actually stay dry in them. I forgot she even had underwear on and we went out in the car to mam's and was still dry.

She just refuses to do it. She knows what to do, but won't and doesn't care about being wet or dirty. Tried underwear, tried training pants, tried naked. Have always praised her, never showed upset if there are accidents. Hopefully the fact she asked to go to the toilet is progress though and once she decides to train she'll do it very quickly.

The joys of two year olds :)

1 comment:

Jen said...

hahahahahahaha

good luck with that

Ryan is refusing the potty training as well. bah