It's 5.30pm and Katie hasn't had a nappy on since she got up this morning. No accidents! This is definitely new. It has been a combination of no underwear, but not naked, me telling her to pee twice and her doing it on her own twice. We even went to the supermarket for an hour with no underwear under her trousers - I was very nervous at that - and a 2 hour nap with just a waterproof mat under her! If she can keep this up, it will be fantastic. No doubt tomorrow will be back to normal :).
I don't have to go anywhere for the rest of the week, so I'm really going to work on it with her over the next few days. She starts playgroup next week on Monday and Friday mornings (I'm staying with her the first week), so it will be great if she can be half way trained by the week after. I've no idea if that is expecting too much, but I'll take any success we can get. I always hoped that once she decided to train, she would just do it.
Many cheers, singing, dancing and yes, chocolate, if she pees. Fingers crossed she'll want to do it tomorrow!
On another Katie note, I forgot to write this a few days ago. I can't even remember what I was telling her off for, probably her ignoring me, or telling me no, or destroying something, but it was hysterical at the time. I was kneeling down on her level and telling her to look at me and turned her face so she'd look me in the eye, then gave her the "when Mammy says x, you do x" spiel and she just yawned in my face. It must have been towards the end of the day so I just burst out laughing and Tony joined in, but I was supposed to be still telling her off, so was trying to compose myself to finish, but it only made it worse. Very funny. You had to be there ;-).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
ha! I hate when you are trying to be all serious and they just do something or look at you in a way that you just burst into laughter - it's funny later, but at the time you are thinking UGH I just blew that!
Good for Katie - Can she teach Ryan how to go on the potty now?
Yay Katie Girl !!!
~Lisa
Post a Comment