Thursday, 31 January 2008

Home!

He did it again! He bounces back quickly. Doctor was very happy with him so he had his cast wrapped with fibreglass (he always destroys them) for protection. Tony explained a bit more of what was done to his foot as I had missed the doctor's rounds while I was home with Katie and Ben. Sounds like he has done pretty much everything he can. Plan is still to go back in two weeks to get some wires removed (currently screwed into his tibia, ouch) which are pulling his foot straighter. The doctor will manipulate the foot further still, stitch him up and re-cast him. I don't know yet if he gets something else next month, or whether that cast is the one that stays on for a few months.

It was bitter cold today. Very windy and raining, sleet and snow. Thank goodness the hospital is only a few minutes away, we were blown all over when we went to visit. Tony had been very bored, I don't blame him. Katie gave him a nice greeting though. I forgot she missed him all yesterday too, so that was cute.

We finally got home - I was really expecting to be in until at least the weekend - and he seemed ok, but the pain is really bothering him now. I gave him his meds and it only really seemed to take the edge off it, but he was also very tired so I put him to bed. He slept for a while but has been crying in bed so I gave him the maximum dose and he is quiet for now. He has no way to say he hurts so I'm just going to give him his Calpol every 4 hours whether he appears to need it or not. He likes to sleep on his front too so I bet he is very uncomfortable.

Poor guy, I hope he feels better over the coming days.

Oh, and Ben is definitely a crawler, he's finally cracked it. I know he was later than most kids, but he still beat Katie by 2-3 weeks :). It is very sweet to see, but I'm in trouble as he wants *everything*! Katie never really messed with things or put stuff in her mouth, Ben just does not stop no matter what and tries to eat everything. Time to be more vigilant in the childproofing.

1 comment:

Jen said...

yea!! I am so glad you got to come home for the weekend! Glad he is doing well - hope he manages to stay comfortable

Good for Ben - woohoo - now you have to chase around 2 kiddos - HAHAHA