Thursday, 17 January 2008

We have a sitter!

Ben got into a sitting position by himself for the first time today. Yay.

He's really good at sitting if I sit him up and I know he should have been able to get up for a while now, but he was always going to be a little delayed. I just arranged an appointment for someone to come out next week to check him out regarding his gross motor skills as I was getting concerned.

He was lying on his back while I was getting Katie ready for bed, he rolled over, more getting ready, then all of a sudden I looked over and he was sitting up! He'd tried to get up into a crawling position and just kept going until he was up.

He is soooooo close to crawling, so close. He'll get one knee forward and just grin, then go back to the floor, or spin around, or go backwards. He's trying really hard so I bet now I've made the appointment he'll be crawling by the weekend ;-).

He's since done it a few more times. Go Ben.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay Ben !!

~Lisa